Hello again!:) Just to keep you up-to-date we would like to share with you a bunch of features and fixes that we’ve pushed this week to our Alpha server. The game version is already 3 numbers higher (0.6.4) than a week ago – it should give you an impression how busy we are with the development.:)
For those interested in details, here are the changelogs starting from version 0.6.2:
– Added support for Mac OS X.
NEW! Second Island
– All the necessary resources spawned.
– Invisible barrier deleted.
– Added a Tripwire to the building panel.
– Added a Boulder thrower to the building panel.
– The Boulder thrower can be triggered by its lever.
– The Tripwire can be connected to the Boulder thrower or Ballista.
– The Tripwire can be disarmed.
– From now buildings can protect themselves during owner’s absence ! 😉
– NEW! Bamboo wall can be upgraded to Rattan wall.
– Fixed some trees becoming invisible after respawn.
– Fixed a tree growing to deep in the ground.
– Fixed footsteps being heard also after a death of the player.
– Ocean turned up a bit but can be heard from closer distance.
– The sound of other players’ torches.
– Increased allowed gathering radius.
– Default button R (Voice chat) added to the list.
– Animals won’t appear near constructions and buildings anymore to avoid closing them in narrow corridors full of ballistae.
– Animals will come back to their territories when feeding grounds are free.
– Costs of using gear/objects display under the crosshair.
– Connecting Tripwire to a trap costs 1 Flax Rope.
– Wood and Stone costs of the gear to craft increased.
– Ballista projectile needs a casted Ballista arrowhead.
– Ballista projectiles and Ballista arrowheads stack (till 20 items).
– Cost of bronze in an Anvil workshop increased.
– Cost of bronze added to the Ballista and Trebuchet.
– Meat and Roasted meat stack (till 3 pieces).
– Works on Linux x64.
– 3D sound is turned up a bit and comes directly from players’ mouth.
– Voice chat cannot be used after player’s death.
– When used by player that you look at – an icon appears.
– Possibility to burn down trebuchets regardless of their level.
– Radius of ballista grabbing space has been decreased significantly.
– Burned down trebuchet leaves space it occupied properly. New buildings can be built on it’s ground.
– Fixed possible crash connected with trebuchets and player’s death.
– Fixed collisions with furniture and other house equipment.
– Fixed collision and recoil vector of ballista projectiles hitting players.
– Added information after successful connecting tripwire with traps/weapons.
– Fixed position of players’ nick and view distance.
– Players’ nick stays visible after death.
– Fixed bug when going back from crouch to stay position was impossible in certain situations.
– Fixed container window closing improperly after burning down.
– Burning house elements don’t have use icons anymore.
– Fixed collisions of certain rocks
– Flax and other plants can’t be gathered through fallen trees
– Fix update issues of the sun light in front of a cave
– Updated description of wooden poles and a pile in the building panel
In your comments you ask us a lot how we plan to balance the fun of destroying with the fun of building. We have already implemented special “furniture” to the houses like Builder’s desk to prevent unknown castaways from building at one’s base (which includes a Pile that is necessary for burning down) or upgrade for walls, doors and windows.
From the version 0.6.2 you are able to leave even more surprises for your opponents such as traps that can be triggered even when the owner is not playing! Here’s our new video that can serve also as a trap manual:
Second round of testing
Lastly, we have great news for those of you who would like to push forward the development of Out of Reach by populating the first Alpha server located in Canada, look for some hidden imperfections and have fun at the same time trying to survive on an island before the release. In other words – we have opened a second round of testing and seek a few dozens of committed gamers to join us! For more information please visit oorgame.com/preorder/ .